In May two branch members visit Jordan and JLS middle schools to present prizes to 8th grade girls who excel in science and math. Two girls are chosen by the faculty at each school, one for her work in science classes and the other for her work in math classes.
At the end of the 2016-2017 school year AAUW Math and science awards were given the following students of Jordan Middle school:
- Emma C. — For showing remarkable aptitude in Mathematics
- Allison Y. — For showing remarkable aptitude in Mathematics
- Allison Zone — For showing remarkable aptitude in Science
At the end of the 2013-2014 school year we gave each girl chosen a leather-bound journal, with a brief “how to journal” essay created by Tempe Javitz especially for teens, and a small tote bag: each item sports a prominent AAUW logo. The awards were presented at Jordan the morning of May 23, 2014 and at JLS the evening of May 27, 2014.
- Jordan Middle School Math Award: Christina E.
- Jordan Middle School Science Award: Tanli S.
- JLS Middle School Math Award: Sarah Y.
- JLS Middle School Science Award: Bridgette H. (a 2013 Tech Trek Camper!)