Our Branch is a co-sponsor of this Palo Alto League of Women Voters program on the new voting procedures in Santa Clara County, the result of the Voters’ Choice Act (VCA).
The VCA is a CA government action, a determined attempt by the CA legislature to enfranchise more people to vote. But it involves changes in When, How, & Where a person can vote. A program next Sunday offers an opportunity to learn about the new system.
Details of the program are:
Date: Sunday, Jan. 19
Time: 1:00-2:00 p.m
Location: Congregation Beth Am, 26790 Arastradero Road, Los Altos Hills.
Attendees at the presentation will hear answers to these questions:
- Why is it important that all voters know how this new law will affect their ability to vote on or before the March 3 Primary?
- What is happening to local precincts?
- What can you do if you want to change your political party before the Primary after the official Voting Registration period has passed?
- What are the new Voting Centers, where will they be located and how will they help all people to vote?
- What should one do if you make a mistake on the Vote-By-Mail ballot?
- Why is your correct signature so important?