Call to order after lunch at approximately 12:30 PM by Judi Swope of the Leadership Team
Election of Branch Officers for July 1, 2017- June 30, 2018
- The proposed slate of Board members was published in the May 2017 edition of The Key. Tempe Javitz made a motion to accept the proposed slate. Miriam Teeter seconded the motion. A voice vote was taken and the motion carried unanimously. The Board members, as defined by our Bylaws, for the 2017-2018 Branch year are as follows:
- Leadership Team: Betsy Colby, Charlotte Jackson and Marie Wolbach
- Program VP: Barbara Evans
- Treasurer: Mary Seabury
- Membership Treasurer: Mary Morrison
- Membership VP: Gail Schubert
- Admin Secretary: Barbara Bowden
- Recording Secretary: Amanda Martin
- AAUW Funds: <vacant>
Non-Board level positions for 2017-2018:
- Public Policy: Diane Rolfe
- University Relations: Rosenna Yau
- Tech Trek: Anna Zara
- Directory: Betsy Colby
- Section Coordinator: <vacant>
- Historian: Marcia Baugh
- Key Editor: <vacant>
- Webmaster/Calendar: Anna Zara
All outgoing officers in attendance were thanked for their service to our Branch, as were those who will form the new set of officers for this year.
- Approval of the 2017-2018 Branch budget.
Gail Schubert made a motion to accept the budget proposed in the May 2017 edition of The Key. Marie Wolbach seconded the motion. A voice vote was taken and the motion carried unanimously.
- Leadership report: Judy Brodsky & Judi Swope
- The last Board meeting of the current Branch year will be held at Channing House on June 2, 2017 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. All members are welcome to attend and participate. Specifically, your Board is looking for feedback regarding events and activities for this current year. If you have feedback but cannot attend the June Board meeting, send your comments via email to email@example.com.
- Membership renewal notices have gone out via email to all current members who have an email address and via US mail to members who do not use email. Please check your inboxes for an email message from “memberinfo @aauw.org” with the subject “AAUW Membership Renewal Notice” and follow the renewal instructions. If you prefer not to renew on-line there is the option to print a renewal form for mailing to Mary Morrison our Membership Treasurer. Questions regarding membership renewal may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three leadership positions are currently vacant and need to be filled. Please email email@example.com if you’d like to explore filling one of the open positions.
- Thank you to Barbara Evans for organizing today’s luncheon meeting featuring Branch favorite Chinese Chicken Salad. Thank you also to those Board members who brought desserts.
Meeting adjourned at approximately 1:00 p.m. by Judi Swope for dessert and the program featuring readings by members of our Branch Writers section.
Featured Program: AAUW Palo Alto Writers Section
Marcia Baugh, Writer’s section Chair was the Master of Ceremonies for after lunch program.
The Writers Section has a long history within our Branch; many members have published works developed while they participated in the group. Several books, poems and pamphlets published by members were available to view. The section meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 1:30 p.m. Please consider joining us! The only requirements are the desire to write and to share.
These were the works shared by section members this afternoon:
- Short story, non fiction “In Spite of Your Mother …” by Marcia Baugh
- Short story, non fiction “Encounter” by Nancy Sharp
- Short story, non fiction “Anxious Apprentice” by Margaret Harvey
- Poetry, haiku Three about Spring by Nancy Sharp
- Short story, fiction “Susan’s Treasured Family Recipe” by Kathy Smolin
- Short story, fiction “My Table Service” by Misao Sakamoto
- Short story, fiction “Loopy or in the Loop” by Marcia Baugh